Sunday, September 20, 2015

we did it: lazers of sexcellence

It finally happened. After planning two shows and surviving the better part of a year of communication issues, Lazers of Sexcellence came to denton this weekend and Spiderweb Salon put on a hell of an event. It was overall pretty exciting / exhausting to host Amber Tamblyn and Derrick Brown here in Denton.

that time i danced with amber tamblyn. photo by leah jones
I was supposed to read this particular evening but since we discovered at the last minute that the featured artists had longer sets planned than we had anticipated, I just stuck to emcee-ing. Instead of reading a set, I lined my pockets with lines of poems that I threw at audience members throughout the night, so that was fun. Throughout the show we all laughed a lot and cried a little. I remember trying to hug everyone as much as I could. It was a weird night that I wouldn't trade for anything.

pocket poetry from 9/18/15


The evening was pretty well documented, which is really great because I was so busy running around I can barely remember the finer points. There's a slew of amazing photos by Leah Jones on Spiderweb's facebook page, and the wonderful Scott McDaniel came all the way from Dallas to take some really awesome photos too.  A very nice woman named Alexandra also took video of the night, you can find her blog here. As always, stellar talent took over the stage, local and nationally recognized performers alike, and I think overall a good time was had by all.

I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment